Monday, December 24, 2012

Elf On The Shelf Adventures - Week Three

It's Christmas Eve!  My boys are super excited and are so fidgety.  They just want this day to be over with so that Christmas comes faster!  Waiting is so difficult!  We had a blast this month with our little elf friend Dasher.  It seemed to go by a lot faster than I expected.  I had so many ideas and didn't get to do a bunch of them, so we'll be saving those for next year.

Sadly today was our last day with Dasher.  Tonight he makes his final report to Santa on the boys behavior.  Which has been very good, they are so happy to be on the "Nice List".  Santa will scoop up Dasher when he visits our house tonight and take him back to the North Pole.  We won't be seeing Dasher again until next year.  Goodbye my little friend!  We loved you!

Here's our adventures this past week with Dasher.

Dasher was eating from the 4 food groups of elves:  candy cane, candy corn, sugar and syrup.  Yum!


I loved this one.  We have a fish tank embedded in a cabinet and Dasher put on some swim goggles and wanted to go scuba diving to catch some fish.


I grabbed a printable Elf Kisses candy topping from the web so Dasher could bring the boys a present of Hershey kisses.


The boys were confused, embarrassed and laughing this morning to find that Dasher put their underwear as stockings.  Then Dasher got a wedgie and was hanging from the fireplace. LOL!


Here's Dasher parachuting from the ceiling fan.


Donning a Batman mask and cape.


Hiding out inside Andrew's stocking.


Our last day.  Christmas Eve.  Dasher delivered a letter explaining his departure today.  The boys got to give him a hug and kiss before putting him back where they found him.


Here's the goodbye letter.


I wasn't quite sure what to expect this year with the Elf On The Shelf.  They boys really got into it and I loved finding new places for him to hide.  Who knows if we'll be doing this again next year.  All I know, is that it added lots of Christmas magic to our house each day.  And that made it all worth it.

Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!!
Hugs to all!

8 comments:

  1. LOVED the pages you did for the Elf! Very creative things that He did. I especially liked the Batman! They made me laugh. I am thinking that I am going to get one next year for my girls, even though they are old enough to know the "truth". Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope you do get an Elf next holiday season. We really had fun with him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The kit is from Connie Prince called 'My Shelf Elf'. She sells at Gotta Pixel, Scrapbookbytes and Gingerscraps stores.

      Delete
  4. Hello! I found your blog through Pinterest and I would love to be able to do that "goodbye letter" for my daughter. She's been dying to be able to give her elf a hug and this would make her so happy! I was wondering if I could copy that letter and change some of the words up a bit to fit my daughter. May I have your permission to do so, or do I need to ask someone else? I wasn't sure if that letter was a template from one of the kits. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, you may copy the letter and change it up for your daughter, sounds fun!

      Delete
  5. Linda, is there any way you could send me a template for the letter (like a pdf) so I can change the words on the goodbye letter? I love the paper background and the lettering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I can send you a file that has a flattened background and the text. Let me know your email.

      Delete