Friday, May 20, 2011

A Pirate ReDo!!

Arrrr! There be pirate treasure unburied over yonder at Kellybell Designs!  In honor of today's release of Pirates of the Caribbean; On Stranger Tides..... Kelly's original Yo Ho Yo Ho kit has been let out of the vault for this weekend ONLY!!!  It will be available for 50% off thru Sunday... then BACK into the vault it goes!!


Kelly also made a BRAND NEW ADD-ON to match it! The Add-On will be on sale for 25% off thru Sunday then back to regular price $3.50!  So if you have the original already... you won't want to miss this Arrrrg-citing addition to your pirate-scrapping treasure chest!!


 These kits are perfect compliments to each other and look awesome together!!  Look at what I made, by combining them!


Not enough pirates for you??  Well keeping with the theme... Walk the Plank will also on sale through Sunday at 50% off!


 Johnny Depp may be the Star of the Pirate's of the Caribbean films..... but Kellybell Designs has its OWN STARS that shine and help make every kit release a success... her Creative Team! Today, it's time once again to shine a spotlight onto one of her awesome CT girls! This month, it's ME!


Name: Linda, otherwise known as MJAJmom

 How did you get into Digital Scrapbooking?
When my first son Matthew was born, I started into paper scrapping. I loved recording all the exciting memories of the first year of his life. But paper scrapping needs so many supplies and takes up a lot of space. I just happened to stumble into digital scrapping about 1.5 years ago. I was hooked! I couldn’t believe how amazing the digital layouts looked! I found Mousescrappers and started scrapping Disney trips first. I’m constantly amazed at the enormous amount of tutorials, freebies and helpful advice there is about digital scrapping. I scrap with PSE7.0 and feel I still have lots of learn.

What brought you to Kellybell Designs?
I’ve been a follower of Kelly for quite some time, way back when she was a designer at Creative DISigns at DISboards. I used several of her designs for t-shirts for our Disney trips. When she started creating Disney scrapbook kits and quick pages, I was truly amazed at her new digital talents. Then she started a creative team and I knew I wanted to become a part of that team. That was back in June 2010 and I’ve loved every minute since! Not only is Kelly a talented designer, but she’s also a wonderfully warm and sweet person. I deeply respect her talents, but also treasure her friendship and guidance.

What has been your best moment as a member of Kelly's Team?
The best moment was getting to scrap my very first kit as a CT member for Kelly. I was super thrilled but totally nervous because I wanted to do a good job for her. I truly believe that Kelly’s team has a very unique group of gals. It’s rare to find a group of women that are so supportive and encouraging of each other. We learn from each other and laugh/cry about life’s daily highlights and struggles. I feel blessed to be part of such an amazing team!

In addition to being a member of the team .. tell us a little about you.
Our family lives in Austin, Texas and we certainly enjoy all the warm weather here. I’m a stay-at-home mom to 2 boys ages 6 and 8 who are the source of all my photos. I’m definitely a boys mom, playing baseball and football along with sword fighting and lightsaber battles. And I’m a huge fan of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones and Jack Sparrow. Honestly, I don’t have much of a choice there! We’ve got 2 big dogs in the house, a yellow lab and a saint bernard. I’ve had dogs all my life, the bigger the better for me. Digital scrapping is a great creative release for me. It’s a hobby that never gets boring. Probably the only other thing I do just for me is exercising. I’m pretty good at getting to the gym and running.

What is by far your favorite kit here at Kellybell Designs?
That’s just way too hard to answer!! I love Walk The Plank because it’s such a great kit for boys! Then I mix and match from Modern Magic and Expedition Safari over and over again. The papers and textures in those 2 kits are outstanding!

Will you share with us you 1st LO you made as a Kellybell CT member?
The first kit I used was ‘Fairest In The Land’. I loved the rich colors and deep textures in this kit. This was my first layout and the Stitch wordart title was the first ever freebie I made! While this kit was targeted at Snow White layouts, the colors also blended well with Stitch. So right from the start, I found Kelly’s kits to be very versatile.


How about sharing a few of your favorite pages that you've made with Kellybell kits??


 Today, I get the honor of creating your exclusive freebie.  I took the sentimental route and went back to my very first kit with Kelly called 'Fairest In The Land'.  Such a beautiful kit!!  And it has wonderful memories for me.  And now, here is your freebie frame!  Enjoy and happy scrapping


DOWNLOAD HERE

4 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [21 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and Thank you for this frame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on May. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your gorgeous cluster frame freebie. I have posted a link to your blog in the Digiscrap section of Baby & Me.

    ReplyDelete