Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Questions!

Christmas Questions!!  I read this on DesignZ By Dede's website and thought it would be fun.  So here we go!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?  Love hot chocolate, especially when it's super cold out and you're trying to get warmed up.  Egg nog - yuck!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  For us, Santa left unwrapped presents under the tree and then a few that were wrapped.  Now for my boys, I do the same thing.

3. Colored lights or white lights on the tree/house?  Has to be white lights outside on the house!!  Inside on our Christmas tree, we've done both, but I mostly prefer the white lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  Nope, never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up?  Everything goes up the day after Thanksgiving.  I love Christmas decorations so I want them up as long as possible for us to enjoy.  Then sadly, it all comes down the day after New Years.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?  I love eating a big turkey dinner with stuffing and lots and lots of gravy.  I like cranberry sauce too, the gel one that's like jello.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?  Wow, hard to answer since I have so many fond memories.  But on Christmas eve, we'd dim the lights, play Christmas carols, have a big fire going and we'd just hang out.  I could sit in front of the fire and just watch the flames dance for hours.  We'd snack on lots of appetizers and my mom always had a very bazaar "gift from the cook'.  We'd open it and have to try at least a bite of them.  She had pigs feet, lambs tongue, chocolate covered grasshoppers, octopus along with a few more pleasant ones like chocolate covered cherries.  We still talk about those crazy things we ate!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  Not sure, probably when I was 10 years old.  My friends were talking about it and you really didn't want to believe that Santa wasn't real.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?  As a child, we got to open 1 presents on Christmas eve.  It was such a teaser because there's several presents under the tree already and you really wanted to open all them right NOW.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Our main Christmas tree is an artificial 9 foot tree with white lights.  I've collected red/white ornaments over the years, mostly Santas and snowmen.  I have a beautiful angel that sits on top.  Two years ago, I added a 7 foot white tree that we put upstairs.  It has royal blue ornaments on it.  I'm still searching for the perfect top for it -- it's very hard to find a star or angel that's the right color blue.

11. Snow...love it or dread it?  Love the snow!  Had so much fun as a kid playing in the snow.  Just didn't like to shovel the snow off our long driveway.

12. Can you ice skate?  Yup, sure can!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  I can't remember a favorite gift, but I did get lots of cool toys to play with.

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?  That my boys experience all the wonder and magic of the holidays.  I want to make it a fabulous holiday for them.


15. What is your favorite Christmas dessert?  Anything chocolate would work for me.  But I mostly make coconut cream pie since it's my husband's favorite.


16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?  Making cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning and eating a turkey dinner mid afternoon.


17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer---giving or receiving?  Giving.  I love watching my boys open presents and seeing their reactions when they get a gift they've been dreaming of.


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Let It Snow and Jingle Bell Rock.


20. Candy Canes---yuck or yum?  I used to eat them up as a kid.  Haven't eaten a candy cane in years.

21. Favorite Christmas show?  I just love all the old cartoon shows like A Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolph and Santa Claus is Coming To Town.  When Clarisse the girl reindeer sings "There's Always Tomorrow" on Rudolph, I just cry and cry!!

22. Saddest Christmas song?  Blue Christmas.  I can't even imagine a Christmas that was missing a special loved one.


23. What's your wish for Christmas?   That my family knows that I love them dearly.  That we remember the importance of Jesus' birth.


That was fun!!  Hope you enjoy getting ready for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment